For planting in open ground or larger pots we recommend following these tips to give your plant the best start to establishing itself in its new home:
- Soak the root ball in water before planting.
- Dig hole deep enough to fit the whole root ball. The top of the roots shout be just under the soil level.
- Surround the roots with fresh compost or peat for an extra nutrients.
- Backfill with soil to cover the top of the roots fully.
- Water regularly.
- Water during hot and dry periods or when the plants look 'limp'.
- Remove flower heads after they have died.
- Prune sparingly in early spring to maintain shape for the first few years. Harder pruning and shaping can be done once the plant is well rooted and established.